Last Updated on October 6, 2021
We make money more complicated than it needs to be. There are some very simple truths around money that can change your life if you understand them. If you are struggling with money right now, these simple truths can help you carve out a future where money becomes less complicated and more rewarding.
1. Money Can Improve Every Area Of Your Life
There is not one area of your life that money cannot improve if you use it correctly.
- You can have more new experiences with loved ones.
- You can buy a gym and improve your health.
- You can subscribe to health programs that improve your mental health.
- You can buy into memberships that allow you to work on your personal growth.
- You can create wealth that helps you secure your future and the future of loved ones.
- You can get the best medical care when you need it.
- You can invest in your career and skyrocket your success.
- You can help create a sustainable life.
Money can impact every single area of your life positively.
Think of the 12 categories of Lifebook and how money could impact each area of your life positively.
2. Money Can Wreck Every Area Of Your Life
Used incorrectly, money can wreck every area of your life.
- You can become so focused on making money that you neglect your relationships.
- You can squander your money and cause more stress in your life.
- You can make money your number one purpose in life, forgoing all the things that truly matter.
- You can let money dictate how you treat other people.
An unhealthy relationship with money can wreck every area of your life if you let it.
If you have a gambling problem, a compulsive spending problem, a compulsive need to make more money, or spend your money on things that don’t matter, getting a hold of those issues can benefit your life greatly.
3. Money Is A Tool That Can Take You Anywhere You Want To Go
“Money is a great servant but a bad master.” – Francis Bacon
If you are in charge of your money, it can be a great tool that gets you to where you want to go.
But you have to be in charge of it. You can’t let it be in charge of you.
For example, with a lot of money, you can gamble a lot. This can lead you down a path of misery and struggle rather than take you to where you want to go.
You have to take charge of your money and use it to help you do what you want to do.
4. Money Does Not Equal Wealth
Money is a form of currency.
Wealth is having an abundance of that currency and other things. In fact, you may not have a lot of money in your bank, but if you have land, homes, or investments, you have wealth. Of course, having a lot of money in the bank makes you feel wealthier.
5. If You Can Create Value For Other People, You Can Make Money
All you need to do to make money is to create value for other people.
Constantly ask yourself how you can create value for other people and work on building ways you can do it.
If you do, and you charge for a lot of that value, your path to money is guaranteed.
You can give away things for free. You can write and create content for free as we do on this website. You can give away tools to help people. But you should charge for the big things that create value in other people’s lives.
Do not be scared to charge for the products, courses, and big tools that create value in other people’s lives. That’s what every human making money right now does. They create some sort of value for other people and get paid for it.